Change is inevitable. The world keeps turning, time keeps ticking, and life, general, well it goes on.
We all face life choices, those crossroad opportunities that we know deep down mean that one path must end so that the journey can continue. Sometimes we stand before those two paths for a long time, letting our minds wonder into the what if’s, envisioning ourselves in a reality that might or might not exist.
I stared down that fork in the road for months of wondering, praying, and sitting idle until the uncertainty settled and the moment felt right to shift my weight forward.
It wasn’t an easy decision. Life was comfortable. But I think I knew it was right when things at work and at home were tied up neatly like stacks of Christmas packages complete with red ribbon bows. No more projects lingering, deadlines looming, and overflowing inboxes.
I will be leaving the University of North Texas effective May 18.
The incredible support system I had in place through my work at UNT and at ACUI helped me grow. I feel like I owe so much of who I am today to the experiences I gained through ACUI. My passion for touching lives was ignited at conferences, my want to be a part of something bigger than myself expanded at IPDS, and my drive for excellence was inspired by each and every one of you.
I see so much potential in my colleagues that it brings me great sadness to know that I won’t get to watch them develop further in their careers. I will miss them truly and deeply. I will miss hearing their voices on conference calls and late nights working with the regional leadership team and the conference planning teams. I will miss bear hugs and belly laughs over brews catching up with old friends in a new city.
I will miss my ACUI family. “How lucky I am to know someone who is so hard to say goodbye to.”- Annie, the movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment