
Overwhelmed. Covered over. Spread.
I know every mother faces it in some way or another, because it never ever seems like it's enough.
I have so many hopes and plans for our future, for my future. Things that would mean great opportunities for us and my children. But I'm so afraid that my own ambitions are keeping me from being truely present for my children.
I make the excuse that by sacrificing now I'll be able to give them more later. More of my time, more of me. Yet, I feel so pulled to being present for my career, tied to a cellphone or computer, letting my mind spin on work related topics that I can't. pull. away. And I don't know that I'll ever feel things get back into balance.
I need six-frillion times more minutes in the day to not be teetering. It's an act on a tight rope and most of the time I'm just inching along afraid to look down... afraid to let people down.
No comments:
Post a Comment