I'm not going to pretend that there is anything sacred in our home. In fact, it's my opinion that one of the greatest things about owning a home is the ability to just walk around without clothes anytime you want. Anytime. Thank you Jesus for blinds and curtains! Before my husband and I had kids we took great liberty in enjoying our homeownership and the freedoms that it allowed. If I wasn't leaving the house then putting on pants just seemed kind of like an unnecessary chore.
Needless to say, one of those fateful naked Sundays produced (not one but) TWO little people. Guess we didn't learn our lesson. AHEM. For the most part I remember to pull a shirt on when I'm at home. Having two little ones and a dog I really feel like it should be a number one priority to be able to run out the front door at a moments notice... you really, really just never know. Our little family is super tight though. I mean we do just about everything together. This is more because we are poor and have no family nearby so we take the kids with us everywhere. Like our own little wolfpack... or comedy troupe! Anyway.
I guess they say kids emulate their parents and everything that they see them do so it shouldn't be much of a surprise when my three year old wakes us up on Monday morning by parading into our master bedroom completely in the nude, jumps on our bed and the white duvet and is yelling "I NAAAAAAAAAAAKED! I NAAAAAAKED, HUUUNEY MAAMMMMAAAA, IIIIIIIIIIII NAAAAKED."
And THEN he stops, spins around, looks me right in the eye and says with a giant smile on his face, "I'm dancing naaaked, mama..." His tiny body and blonde head bounce up and down on the mattress as his little twigs and berries are flopping all around. I couldn't make this up.
That kid kills me. We do naked. And we dance. But never, to my knowledge, have we danced naked. Well, in front of the kids that is.
To be honest, he wasn't that bad of a dancer to be related to me. I'm a person that could easily be confused with a beached walrus trying to get back to sea on a dance floor. (Close your eyes and imagine that for a moment, yes, yes, IT IS that bad.) My unnatural awkward lack of rhthym is astonishing, even as a white girl, wow. SO BAD. Maybe we should reconsider ballet class for him after all? I mean a leotard is pretty close to being naked.
I suppressed my laughter long enough to escort our little exhibitionist to the potty and got him to put his pull up back on without much of a fight.
So now I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping he doesn't reinact that scene at daycare. I'm not sure how his teacher would feel about his smooth moves.
You crack me up!!! (um, no puns intended...)
ReplyDelete