
But I really felt like I wanted to step out of my neutral comfort zone, do something a little different than what I would normally gravitate towards. I'm a huge fan of Young House Love, Sherry and John are such an awesome couple and I'm in awe of everything they have done in their home. They too have been stepping out of the ol' comfort zone and have made some fantastic and dramatic changes to their home. I saw this fantastic tealish/blue-ish hue that they painted their guest bedroom:

So I attempted to find something that was close to that at the HD when I spotted two gallon size cans of oops paint that was a pretty close, but a little different. I toyed back and forth with the idea since it wasn't exactly the happy teal/blue-ishy color that I had been dreaming of, but for $5 I figured it was probably worth it. I had all of the other paint supplies at home and I knew instantly the room that I was going to tackle, the guest bathroom!
With two little ones (including a little dude who is potty training) I thought it would be a good idea to "kid-friendly" up this room before too long. That meant covering over the standard builder flat paint on the walls. Since the room was so small it only took a few hours to finish the room...
The hardest part was finding a shower curtain that complimented the room color. (I know, I know, that's a little backwards to paint a room without a concrete plan, but just go with it.) I fell in love with this shower curtain from Anthropologie:

But for $118 I'd have to clothe myself in it for the next year to make up for the price. I scoured the internet looking at different places including Target, CB2, PBTeen, Ikea, and a few other big box stores but had no luck. Finally when I was on a toilet paper and trash bag run to Walmart I made at stop at their home section and there was the absolute perfect shower curtain, and it was only $14! SCORE!
Project breakdown:
Paint: Behr, oops (color unknown): $5
Shower curtain: Walmart, $14
Accessories: already owned
Number 1 and 2 Hooks: Hobby Lobby, $1.50 each
Wall Art: By me, old canvases repurposed.
Galvanized bucket: Thrifted, $2.
All of the accessories including the shelves were items that I already owned, some were just repurposed, like the canvases. Overall I am very happy with it all. I'm already dreaming up (and bookmarking on pinterest) more dramatic ideas for the rest of the house. I can't wait to see what will be next for our little family and for our house during the NEXT 3 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment