Monday, April 11, 2011

Mom Style Monday - First Edition

Let me first say that I am no fashion plate. I don't pretend to be any shade of "hip" or "with it," but I'm not a prude and I have a little some dignity so I try to put together outfits that make me feel nice and confident.

Since having kids I've had a phobia about showing my arms. When I was a single gal and in our dating years I never had a problem sporting a tank or strappy dress. I guess maybe I'm just drawn more to layers, which is nice since you see that more lately, but not so nice since we're drawing close to the miserable Texas summer heat. I'm hoping I'll get a little bit more confident in my body and accept things for the way there are now. I quite simply don't have the time to be self conscious about myself anymore.



blue dress: American Eagle
Cream tank: Old Navy
Pink cardi: Old Navy
Metallic sandals: Target
Flower hair clip: H&M
Brooch: made by me


I wore this outfit to church yesterday and again to work today (faux pas? possibly.) I felt super cute in it. AND, I bought the dress 2 sizes smaller than what I normally would buy from American Eagle and it fit perfectly! I layered a tank under it for added coverage on top which worked out great and made pumping and nursing modestly easy since I could pull the dress down and the tank up. The cardigan was part of a set I bought a million years ago when I worked at ON in college. I pink puffy heart those sandals. I'm a flats girl all the way and sandal season is my absolute favorite.



I made this little brooch one night when my husband was out and the kids went to bed early. The rosettes were leftover from a Christmas project so I just hot glued them to a piece of leftover felt and tucked a piece of feather in there as well. I love how it tied in the hair clip and matched the tank too.

Of course now that I'm sitting down to write this I'm back in my comfy shorts and t-shirt with my hair pulled in a low messy ponytail but no one else has to know that, right????

No comments:

Post a Comment