Thursday, April 28, 2011

Small Style - Ritzy

We've had some wicked weather here in Texas lately... and seemingly it's been the same all over the states. What gets me is the impossible to dress 40 degree mornings that heat up SO, SO, SO quickly to highs in the 90's. How do I know what to put my kids in for daycare? So our clothes are still full of heavy knits mixed with tanks and soft worn-in t-shirts. Personally, I'm a huge fan of layers, but my toddler would just as soon walk around naked than put on a jacket. Does anyone elses child insist on wearing shoes alldaylong, like 24/7? Even to bed?

T-shirt: gifted, but pretty sure it's from Target, cords by Crazy 8, flip flops: Target

I love the look of old concert or band t-shirts on little boys. Perhaps that's the hippie in me reflecting on my children.

For my daughter I know my personal style is reflected in her outfits. So the layers really play well with the manic weather patterns. Four months old and her feet are still too small for shoes. I'm kind of jealous that she gets to run around barefoot.

Cardigan: part of an outfit from Walmart, Onesie: Target, Shorts: Target, Leggings: Target, Headband: etsy.
This outfit reminds me of a modern ballerina, like she had just pulled on some shorts and a cardigan over her tights and leotard after rehearsal, proper, yet relaxed... so perfectly my daughter. I love it.


For more Small Styles, check out Mama Loves Papa.

5 comments:

  1. It does look like a ballerina's outfit - or a broadway dancer. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! Love that onesie!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both so adorable! I love their style!

    My own style is definitely reflected in my kids. Well, at least my daughter. My boys tend to be more influenced by my husband.

    By the way, have I told you how much I love your blog title? It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so sweet.
    I love old band tees too.
    I have some originals from my teen years that my 7 year old daughter is starting to wear.
    She looks so cute in them but it makes me feel very very old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about naked toddlers! My preschooler never wants pants on. He insists on just being in his underwear when we're at home. You'll notice all of his spongebob drawers in the photos on my blog! lol

    ReplyDelete